Saturday, December 3, 2011

study, study, study!

I've managed to find the comfiest booth in the library. I may sleep here tonight.  Why am I in the library you ask?  Well, it's exam time of course!  I have four exams this coming week to take.  I can't wait for them to be done, so I can head on home for my month long break from this place called Knoxville.

I am actually feeling like I will do fine on these exams, it is probably the least stressed I have even been about exams. You see I was always a cram-the-night-before kind of girl in high school.  But, for these exams,  I started studying Tuesday, and have been working a little bit each day.  No cramming, just good, old-fashioned learning!  I wouldn't have decided to take this strategy if it hadn't been for my Art History class.  I do not know why I decided this class would be a good idea, but nonetheless, I started it so I am gosh dang it going to finish it.

I am really liking my strategy this year though, I might have to use it in the coming years.  No cramming and less stress is always good in my book.

While I was walking to the library this morning, I was mulling over the reflections I had just read in the book my Aunt gave me for my birthday, In Conversation with God, (a great book by the way, you should read it) and I realized that my exam study strategy is all to similar to what my life is supposed to look like.

We study, study, study for the one big exam.  We prepare, memorize, read, and study some more.  Then, the day comes, we don't know exactly what we're going to get, but we have an idea.  On the big day, we sit down in front of that paper our teacher has given us and our preparation is judged. We are held accountable for all our time in that class; for all the reading and work we were expected to do.  If our preparation is good enough, we pass.  On to the next thing.  That is what we hope for.

Does it sound familiar?  Our time on this earth is a lifelong preparation for the one big day--that day Jesus comes back and we are judged for our life.

We prepare, prepare, prepare for the one big test. We spend our life living our the word of our teacher: helping others, feeding the hungry, forgiving, loving, and loving some more. Then, the day comes, we don't know exactly what we're going to get, but we have an idea. On the big day, we stand in front of the Lord and are judged.  We are held accountable for all our time on earth; for all the things Jesus told us we must do.  If our preparation is good enough, we pass.  On to Heaven. That is what we hope for.

Will we have put in enough time, will our actions be enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment