Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pack, Unpack, Repack, and Repeat

This is the packing process. Pack and feel accomplished. Weigh and find out the suitcase is over the dreaded 50lb. weight limit. Unpack. Repack, strategically switching "lighter" items in one suitcase for "heavier" ones in the other, hoping a equilibrium can be met. Weigh. Feel very accomplished once again, because everything is packed and both suitcases are under 50 lb.. Unpack once again because all toiletries are not in ziplock bags.

I would have skipped the ziplock bag ordeal, but on my last trip, my shampoo opened. Luckily it was in a ziplock bag (kudos to me). It is inevitable that at least one of my more messy bathroom goods will bust with three flights to suffer through. Unpack it its. Repack and repeat. A kind of traveling aerobics if you might. This reminds me of fond emeries at SCA where we did Catholic aerobics. "And kneel and stand and kneel and stand...now walk to communion and walk to communion..." Oh the things you will do in an all girls Dominican high school.

Have I told you of my inability to pack light? If you went on SB '09 with me you will know (or any other multiple night trip for that matter). Picture me pulling up to Teresa's house with a suitcase that is at least twice the size of everyone else's. I guess I just feel the need to outdo everyone else in suitcase size. Bigger is better!

Do you know what packing light for four months means? I don't, thats for sure. For one going on a week long trip, one bag might suffice. OK, if your anybody but me, one bag will suffice. I might now have done any math lately, but one bag per week means I get sixteen bags right?

Hasta luego amigos, tengo que ir de embalaje final!

And yes I had to use google translate for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment