Wednesday, August 3, 2011

josleyn needs prayers

Joselyn, the girl I've been visiting the last two weeks, need prayers right now.  She is really struggling with her life right now.  She is at the point of doing something drastic.  I've done all I can, showing her how much we love her, telling her over and over again.  Her life is sad, there is no one to tell her these things permanently.  She dosen't believe this message of love coming from me.  I can only hope that the Lord will intervene.

As I talked to her no facebook tonight, she said she didn't want to go back to the girl's home she is staying at, that no one loves her, that she is not worth anything, that there is no reason for her to live.  Breaking my heart a little more with each message because I know the truth.  That she is loved, she is beautiful, she is worth more than the world, that her life is a gift to many, that the Lord has great things in her future. But she does not see these things. This is a message that so many people in our world are being told.  Please pray for her tonight.  She got off facebook saying this is the last time she will ever be on.  I don't know where she is now, it's a horrible feeling not knowing wether she is ok or not.  All I can do is pray, will you join me in lifting her name up to our Lord tonight?

4 comments:

  1. Of course Maemie, I will pray for her. Please let her know how much she is in many people's prayers. She is loved.

    God Bless you both!

    One of my favorite Bible Passages, I think it applies here.

    "One thing I ask of the Lord,
    this is what I seek:
    that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
    to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
    For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
    he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
    and set me high upon a rock."
    -Psalm 27:4-5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you call her? Call her now. Make her promise you that she won't do anything.

    also, praying, storming the gates of heaven for you. May the Blessed Mother wrap her arms tightly around your friend tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this blogpost is an excellent idea because if she happens to read it then she will know how much you genuinely care for her.

    also a lot of people´s threats of suicide are mostly just a cry for help. If she were one hundred percent serious she probably wouldn´t tell you but did tell you because it´s a desperate cry to help.

    I have no idea if this is from the bible or the book of mormon but it applies here:

    ¨I can do all things through christ who strengtheneth me¨

    Since you have so much faith you have God on your side and he will send help and comfort to Joselyn.

    Maybe you could take the day off from volunteering tomorrow and visit her.

    Also, if you think it is an emergency, you must tell whoever is in charge of the house she works with of her plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sissy, this is awful. Have your heard from her today or is there any way to try to locate her? I wish she had a passport and could just come home with you. I will pray at the beginning of each hour today for her safety and for her to feel the love of God in her life. Please update so others who are worried will know how she is doing. And let me know how YOU are please too. I will turn Skype on downstairs so we can talk when you can (my internet connection upstairs is bad at the moment). xoxo

    ReplyDelete