Tuesday, August 2, 2011

questions

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.  When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."
My dad sent this in an email, and I think it is rather appropriate to what I've been writing about lately.  One of the reasons I'm here right now is to find God in bigger ways than I ever have before.  I've seen people who are so in love with God they radiate His Joy.  One thing that stands out about all of them is their faith in where the Lord is taking them.  They are willing to do anything and give everything to find Him.  I've got to be willing to take risks to find this amazing love. "To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did."

The things I've been seeing here, they way these babies are unloved and unwanted.  They way the women are forced to beg to keep their children alive.  The way children my sisters ages are sent out to beg until past midnight with no parent supervision.  The houses with noting except a mattress on the floor for the whole family to sleep on.  The little boy who has water on his brain;  something that could have been fixed with surgery if he had been born in the US.  Who has been trapped in his wheelchair for all 6 years of his life; who cries because he wants so badly to get out and play like the normal children.  Children so full of life and energy they are tied down to keep them from running around too much.  The three year olds who hit and bite so the moms will look at them.  The seven day old being taught to be strong and not cry.  All of these things have broken my heart, but it is being broken for a reason.  Only by being broken as Jesus was can I give as Jesus gave.  "When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better."

Doing God's will is not always the easiest way I could go.  It's not going to be the smoothest path.  There are going to be hard things, things that hurt.  But, I know that if it's God's will I will be protected.  Jesus' life was not easy.  He was ridiculed, mocked, persecuted, hated, and betrayed.  He was loved by many, but hated by many more.  Jesus was radical;  He didn't live by society's standards but by His Father's.  We used to wear bracelets that said WWJD.  Being young, I don't think my friends or I fully grasped the gravity of this question. I probably still don't.  What would Jesus do?  Put him in our society today, and where would He be?  This is a question I must ask myself.  Am I doing what he would be doing, going where he would be going?  Am I living by society's standards or by my Father in Heaven's? It's a tough question.  I'm not sure of the answer, but when I do figure it out I know that even if the road looks tough He will protect me.  "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

When Jesus sends our the disciples He does not make their journey sound easy.  He gives no false messages.  He's a tell it like it is kind of guy...what He has to say dosen't sound fun.  But, if I'm not facing these kind of problems, am I living as Jesus did or as society tells me to?

Behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of the wolves.
Brother will hand over brother to death, and the father his child; children will rise up against parents and have them put to death.
You will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved.
What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light; what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops.
Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.  But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father.
Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon earth.  I have come to bring not peace but the sword.
For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household.
Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me and whoever does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my same will find it.
- Mathew 10

If you haven't heard of Katie Davis, you absolutely need to watch this video about her upcoming book. it will give you chill bumps...






No comments:

Post a Comment