Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ten Days Left

Well, I’m back in Lima. My grammy and Pawpaw left, and I have about ten days left.
We finished out our trip my doing Machu Picchu, flying back to Lima, doing a tour of the city, and just a little bit more Inka market shopping. I’m so glad they got to come down. I had a ton of fun, and loved getting to show them around Lima. I also got a few good laughs when they forgot and went of in an English tangent and the person they were talking to just gave them a blank stare.
Now that their gone, only ten days left, and about ten thousand things to do. Last minute Inka Market shopping, Christmas gifts to be bought for my babies at San Antonio’s, a graduation party to be planned, a curriculum for the English program at Pachacutec, and lots of goodbyes to say.
I’m really excited about going home. I can’t wait to see my family (especially Susanna and Catherine since it’s been foru months since I’ve seen them), and all my friends. Skype has made it fairly easy to be away for so long, but it will be nice to actually be able to hug everyone! And, Christmas is going to be so much fun. I’m really looking forward to all the family stuff that’s always going on. But, I’m also sad that I have to leave. I love Lima, the city is amazing. I love being able to walk everywhere and not having to drive. I love the culture, being able to buy food on the streets, speaking Spanish. It’s just all around amazing. I also love the family I’m staying with, and all the kids I’ve met. It just so happens that I’m going to be missing my 6th grade class’s graduation and a Baptism of about 20 babies form the orphanage. We all got asked to be their god mothers. But, I know that there would always be something that I;m going to miss no matter when I leave. So, I’m just going to enjoy the time I have left here, and hopefully get my long to do list done!
Oh yeah…I’m typing this on the plane back fomr Cusco (and yes my grandparents ahvent left yet, and at this moment I have more than ten days left, but I;m not going to have time to blog once I get back) and my Pawpaw popped up with this joke (He said Eamonn would like it a lot). Thought I would share.
There’s a mamma tomatoe, a daddy tomatoe, and a baby tomatoe. Their walking along the road, but the baby can’t keep up so the daddy tomatoes goes back and squishes him saying “ketchup.” And there you go ladies and gentlemen the humor of my grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment