Thursday, July 21, 2011

just a few thoughts...

Peru feels like I never left.  I love it just as much as the first time. I can still get everywhere and remember where everything is.  And, I sill get whistled at.  Anthough this time, I’ve learned how to whistle back.

I do keep forgetting that toilet paper dosen’t get put in the toilet here…why even call it toilet paper then?

My Spanish is much better, but it still needs a lot of work. I can understand Aboo (the grandmother)most of the time.  Last time I was here, I couldn’t understand one word she said.  Katie and decided to talk in Spanish as much as possible, even if we give all the Pperuvians on the bus a good laugh.  Oh and I can roll my “r”s now. 

I got to see Joni, the little boy I fell in love with last visit, he is as sweet as ever.

Katie and I are going to the YMCA on Monday with our house mom, Elizabeth.  We stayed in her house the first two nights because Lydia didn’t have room.  We move to Lydia’s tomorrow though.  Elizabeth is super sweet, hopefully we will get to see her more. Who knew there were Ys all over the world.

I’m meeting with Jocelyn, the one Jade is good friends with, on Sunday.  Please continue to pray for her!  We’re planning on going to lunch.  Pray for my Spanish too, it’s going to be rough conversation.

Sandboarding may be in the picture for this weekend…maybe.

Next week there is a for day national holiday Lydia keeps calling “Peru Party.”  I don’t know what that entails, but it sounds fun.

More to come later!

Hasta Luego,
Maemie (not Maybe, the name I am destined to be called by all in Peru)

No comments:

Post a Comment