Friday, July 8, 2011

ten days & ten hours

Just ten days and ten hours until I am on a plane back to one of my favorite places.  Home and the lake are probably the only other top contenders (and maybe Disney i guess).  But, I will not be sitting on this plane alone!  Nope, guess who is coming with me on this trip...one of my dearest friends, Katie Hobbs.



After a suggestion given by my mom, in passing conversation, that she should come with me, Katie bought a ticket!  Seriously guys, I think she had it just four days later.  Talk about easy going!  I think that she is excited, but I am ecstatic.  I had thought about asking around to see if anybody wanted to come with me when I started planning the trip.  But, after thinking about the trouble it could cause, I decided not to, thinking that God would have it under control if He wanted someone to come.  And was I right?  Amazing, that guy upstairs isn't He?   

So now, I am left wondering about all the amazing things He has in store for this trip.  There must be some pretty big things if He's already shown Himself this much:)

I've been preparing slowly since I got moved out of my room and onto the ping pong table(a long story, I'll spare you).  A suite case has been opened and clothes have been haphazardly thrown in; gifts have been bought for people back in Peru, and Spanish has and still is being studied.  I am packing much lighter than last time that's for sure.



I do have something to ask of you though, I would really love it if you could pray for a few things.

- For Joselyn, that she will email me back so we can meet.  I really would love to know if she's all  right.  She moved out of the house that I volunteered in last time, and hasn't been answering my emails/facebook posts.



- For the other Joselyn.  She has been in contact with Jade (my Colombia traveling buddy).  She is living in another house (the same type as the one I volunteered in, but more permanent).  She is having a hard time right now, and really needs a community she can be a part of.

- For all the babies in the orphanages we will be working in, that they will know of God's great love for them, even though they haven't ever felt it in their parents arms as we all have.



- For safe travels for Katie and me.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment